(From April 1 to December 31, 2021)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE AUTHORIZED RESIDENTS OF ONE (1) OF THE FIFTY (50) STATES OF THE UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA OR CANADA, EXCLUDING THE SPECIFIED EXCLUDED STATES, WHO ARE PHYSICALLY PRESENT IN SAID TERRITORY AND RESIDING THERE, AND WHO HAVE REACHED THE LEGAL AGE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF THEIR REGISTRATION. THE CONTEST IS NOT VALID WHERE IT IS PROHIBITED BY LAW OR WHERE THE LAW IMPOSES RESTRICTIONS TO THE INDIVIDUAL’S PARTICIPATION. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES CONSENT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH PERSON DECLARES AND WARRANTS THAT THEY MEET THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA INCLUDED HEREIN, HAVE READ AND ACCEPTED THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND WILL COMPLY WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Contest Organizers
1.1. Pélican International Inc. (the “Organizer” or “Pelican”) is the Organizer of this “QR Codes” Contest (the “Contest”). Only the Organizer may directly manage this Contest and these official rules.
2. Eligibility and Registration
2.1. The Contest begins on April 1, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. (Eastern time) (the “Contest Opening Date”) and ends on December 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern time) (the “Contest Closing Date”).
2.2. The Contest is open exclusively to residents of Canada and the United States, with the exception of the provinces or states specified in article 2.3 (the “Excluded States”), who have reached the age of majority in their province, territory or state of residence on the Contest Opening Date and who possess an active account on the pelicansport.com website (each an “Entrant”).
2.3. The Excluded States from this Contest are: [Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island] and this Contest is also not valid where prohibited or restricted by law.
2.5. Employees, agents, officers, directors of the Organizer and of any person affiliated or related to the Organizer (including all employees of Pelican and its subsidiary Confluence Outdoor Inc.), their representatives and the official advertising or promotion agencies of this Contest (the “Partners”) or any other stakeholder directly related to this Contest, as well as the persons with whom they are domiciled, whether or not they are related, cannot enter this Contest. Also excluded are representatives, agents, firms and agencies related or affiliated with Pelican and its affiliated companies, as well as their employees, persons with whom they are domiciled, and any business owned* or controlled by either of these persons. *Is considered “owned” (i) a company whose share capital is held, in whole or in part, by one or the other individual or entity mentioned in this section; or (ii) a sole proprietorship (a self-employed individual) exercising a professional or a commercial activity by one or the other of the persons mentioned in this section.
3.1. This Contest’s entry is free and with no purchase necessary. To validly enter, a person or entity must meet the eligibility conditions, as well as any other condition set out in these official Contest Rules (the “Rules”). Subject to the limitations contained in these Rules, there are two (2) ways to enter the Contest. The Entrant may participate by making a qualifying purchase of a participating product or may also participate without making any qualifying purchase by following the instructions below.
- 3.1.1. With purchase: During the Contest entry period set out in section 2.1, with the creation of an Account and the registration of a participating product, by Internet or via Pelican’s customer service 1-450-664-1222, the Entrant will automatically be entered in the Contest. The registered participating product gives automatic entry into the Contest. The Entrant who shall obtain a refund on the purchase of one of the participating products may have his participation in this Contest cancelled by the Organizer. The Entrant would still be able to participate in this Contest via the “no purchase necessary” option described below.
- 3.1.2. No purchase necessary: During the Contest period set out in article 2.1, it is also possible to participate in the Contest without making an eligible purchase as follows:
- 126.96.36.199. For residents of Canada: MAIL-IN OPTION - print your first name, last name, phone number, complete mailing address (including zip code) and age on a piece of white paper and mail it (in an envelope with sufficient postage for Canada) to the following address: 1000 Place Paul-Kane, Laval, Quebec, Canada, H7C 2T2. EMAIL OPTION - by sending your entry by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Where applicable, the letter sent by mail or the entry email must contain the following items:
- (i) The title of this Contest in the subject line of the email or letterhead;
- (ii) The Account number created on pelicansport.com, if applicable; and
- (iii) Correctly answer the following skill-testing question: “Name one (1) Pelican product in the “Kayak” category, one (1) Pelican product in the “Canoe” category and one (1) Pelican product in the “Paddleboard” category”.
- 188.8.131.52. [For US Residents: MAIL-IN OPTION - print your first name, last name, phone number, complete mailing address (including zip code) and age on a piece of white paper and mail it (in an envelope with sufficient postage for Canada), to the following address: 1000 Place Paul-Kane, Laval, Quebec, Canada, H7C 2T2. EMAIL OPTION - by sending your entry by email to the following address: email@example.com. Where applicable, the letter sent by mail or the entry email must contain the following items:
- (i) The title of this Contest in the subject line of the email or letterhead;
- (ii) The Account number created on pelicansport.com, if applicable; and
- (iii) Correctly answer the following skill-testing question: “Name one (1) Pelican product in the “Kayak” category, one (1) Pelican product in the “Canoe” category and one (1) Pelican product in the “Paddleboard” category”.]
3.2. Limit. Only one (1) entry per person. The number of participating entries is not increased due to the same person registering multiple participating products or creating multiple Accounts with Pelican. Additional entries shall be disqualified.
3.3. For the purposes of these Rules, the Entrant is the person whose name appears in the Account and it is to this person to whom the Prize will be awarded if selected and declared a winner of this Contest. Limit of one (1) prize per Account.
4.1. A draw will be performed each month with all eligible entries received during the Contest period set out in section 2.1. The draw will take place on the first business day of each month in Quebec, at approximately 11 a.m. (Eastern Time), in front of a witness among the employees of Pelican, at the offices of Pelican International Inc. located at 5860 Rue Maurice-Cullen, Laval, Quebec, Canada. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest period set out in section 2.1. The prize is limited to one prize per person per month. Pelican reserves its right to disqualify an Entrant or cancel an entry that does not comply with these Rules. Only the winner shall be contacted.
5.1. For every draw carried out every month during the Contest period set out in section 2.1, the Winner (as hereinafter defined) shall be awarded the following Prize (the “Prize”): a set of Pelican nautical accessories with an approximate retail value of US$250. The Prize will be delivered to the Winner by regular or courier mail.
5.2. SPECIAL CONDITIONS RELATED TO THE PRIZE. Each Prize is non-refundable, non-transferable, non-cash-convertible and non-transferable.
6. Prize Conditions
6.1. Prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of use of the Prize manufacturer. Additional restrictions may apply. The Organizer has no responsibility for the prize once awarded.
7.1. To be declared a Winner, the Entrant, randomly selected, must comply with the following conditions:
- 7.1.1. Be reachable either by phone or email, at the Organizer’s election within three (3) business days of the draw. If the selected Entrant is not reached within the prescribed time limits following appropriate and reasonable steps taken by the Organizer, his participation will be cancelled and a second Entrant shall be drawn for the Prize. If said second Entrant cannot be reached within three (3) business days of the second draw, their participation will be cancelled and no other Entrant will be selected and the Prize will not be awarded; In the event that a selected Entrant is reached by email, he /she must respond by complying with the instructions given therein, if applicable. Any email notification of a Prize which includes an indication that the message could not be delivered will result in the disqualification of the Participant;
- 7.1.2. For Canadian residents only: Have correctly answered a mathematical regulatory question on the Declaration and Disclaimer Form (the “Form”) which will be sent to him or her by the Organizer;
- 7.1.3. Have accepted the Prize, as described in these Rules, which cannot be transferred, modified or exchanged in whole or in part for a sum of money or any other item;
- 7.1.4. Have completed and signed a Declaration and Disclaimer Form (the “Form”) and returned it to the Organizer within the time limit indicated in the letter accompanying the Form. In the event that the selected Participant does not return the Form within the required timeframe, the Prize will be awarded to another Participant;
- 7.1.5. Have accepted the conditions relating to the Prize; and
- 7.1.6. Confirm that he meets the eligibility conditions and other requirements of these Rules.
8. General Conditions
8.1. The odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received on the Contest Closing Date.
8.2. The refusal of a selected Participant to accept a Prize in accordance with the terms of these Rules releases the Organizer and the Partners from all their obligations related to the Prize towards this Participant.
8.3. The Organizer and the Partners reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend, in whole or in part, this Contest in the case of any event or occurrence that may corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or management of the Contest as provided for in these Rules, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec (the “Régie”), if applicable. In any case, the Organizer, its subsidiaries, and all entities or establishments affiliated with the Organizer and the Partners may not be required to award more than one Prize or to award a Prize other than in accordance with the Rules.
8.4. The Organizer and the Partners will not assume any responsibility of any kind whatsoever in all cases where their inability to act results from an act or a situation beyond their control or from a strike, lockout or any other labour dispute in their locations, organizations or entities whose services are used for the Contest.
8.5. The Organizer and the Partners will not incur any responsibility for any problem including, but not limited to: technical failure of telephone networks or lines, online computer systems, servers or suppliers, computer equipment, software, or any other problem resulting directly or indirectly from a virus, bug or data transmission failure.
8.6. By participating in this Contest, the Winner authorizes the Organizer, its Partners and representatives to use, if required, its name, photographs, images, contact details, statements relating to the Prize, place of residence and/or his or voice, without any form of remuneration, at their discretion and without limit as to the period of use, by any medium and on a global scale, for advertising or any other purpose, the whole, in accordance with the law.
8.8. Notice to Participants - Data Communicated Outside of Quebec: Pelican and its affiliates may do business with one (or more) service provider(s) based outside of Quebec. Thus, it is possible that some of your personal information held Pelican may be communicated outside of Quebec and be governed by the laws applicable to these foreign countries or states. By completing the Form and participating to this Contest, the Participant accepts the present.
8.9. All contest entry forms shall become the property of the Organizer and its respective advertising or promotional agencies.
8.10. In the event that, for reasons beyond their control and for reasons unrelated to the Winner, the Organizer or the Partners cannot award the Prize (or a portion thereof) as described in the Rules, they reserve the right to award a Prize (or a portion of the Prize) of the same nature and of equivalent value as the Prize or, at their sole discretion, the value of the Prize (or a portion thereof) in cash.
8.11. The Winner releases the Organizer and the Partners, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives from any liability for any accident, damage, loss, prejudice or inconvenience of any kind whatsoever that they may suffer related to their participation in the Contest or for any damage of any kind that they may suffer as a result of the acceptance and use of the Prize.
8.12. The Organizer and the Partners, as well as their advertising and promotion agencies, employees, agents and representatives accept no responsibility for any damage or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by downloading any web page or any software and by transmitting any information aimed at participating to this Contest.
8.13. The Organizer has duly paid the fees payable in respect of this Contest, as provided by the Act Respecting Lotteries and Races, Publicity Contests and Amusement Machines (R.S.Q., chapter L-6).
8.14. Quebec residents only: A dispute relating to the organization or management of a contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any dispute relating to the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
8.15. Any Participant who does not respect these Rules may be disqualified.
8.16. All entries are subject to verification by the Organizer. Any entry or attempt to enter that is, as the case may be, fraudulent, illegible, incomplete, received later than provided herein or otherwise not submitted in accordance with these Rules will be rejected and will not be eligible for an entry form or a Prize, as the case may be. The Organizer’s decision with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including, without limitation, the eligibility or disqualification of an entry, will be final and binding, subject to a decision of the Régie relating to a matter falling within its jurisdiction.
8.17. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify a person or to cancel his participation, if he enters or attempts to enter this Contest by using a means contrary to these Rules or likely to be unfair to the parties or to the other Participants. The decision of the Contest Organizer to this effect is final and without appeal.
8.18. Any attempt to intentionally damage a website or to interfere with the legitimate operation of the Contest in any way (as determined by the Organizer, in its sole and absolute discretion) constitutes a violation of criminal and civil laws. In such a case, the Organizer reserves the right to sue for damages within the limits permitted by law. The Organizer, with the consent of the Régie, reserves the right to cancel or interrupt the Contest or to modify the Rules, in the event of any accident or any printing or administrative error, or any other error of any kind, without notice or obligation.
8.19. The decisions of the Organizer and the Partners regarding the Contest are final and without appeal.
8.20. To view the Rules, visit www.pelicansport.com/contest for the english version or www.pelicansport.com/concours for the french version
8.21. The Winner may claim their Prize from the Organizer, Pélican International Inc.
8.22. In the event of discrepancies between the French and English versions, where applicable, of these Rules, the French version shall prevail.
8.23. The use of the masculine is used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text.